T: +44 (0)845 257 6058
About Tanya Lansky
Tanya joined the London Office as an Associate in 2016. She brokers After The Event Insurance, litigation and arbitration financing as well as other cost-hedging and financing tools for both civil and commercial matters, brought through various routes of dispute resolution.
After graduating from the International School of Geneva with a bilingual English-French Baccalaureate, Tanya moved to London to undertake her Bachelor of Laws. Alongside her law degree, she spent time volunteering at an acclaimed law clinic assisting solicitors and barristers with the delivery of advice and advocacy in varying areas of the law.
Following the successful completion of her LL.B., Tanya moved to New York to undertake an internship at a boutique litigation firm in Manhattan. Here, she worked on a spread of civil and commercial disputes, ranging from antitrust and contract to fraud and intellectual property.
At TheJudge, Tanya brokers cases ranging in size, type and complexity; she has worked on disputes in areas such as defamation, insolvency, international arbitration, professional negligence and probate. Tanya uses her strong relationships with TheJudge’s network of specialist markets to present every client with creative and bespoke financing solutions – whatever the issue at hand. Tanya prides herself on her affable and practical approach, offering succinct advice and providing each client with the utmost competitive terms available.
As well as brokering one-off cases, Tanya arranges insurance facilities for commercial cases and delivers training to lawyers for the purposes of equipping firms with the information required to meet the demands of their varying client profiles and keeping them updated on the latest market-trends and developments.
Tanya maintains a particular interest in human rights law, and has regularly volunteered for and attended various humanitarian events; these include conferences at the United Nations, fundraising on behalf of non-profit organisations, on-site humanitarian relief and performances at benefit recitals. This naturally complemented her choice of an International Human Rights elective during her time at university, where she produced an outstanding comparative research project assessing current international human rights regimes.
- Secured litigation insurance for several multimillion-pound dual-forum disputes, providing the indemnity required for the officeholder-clients to pursue the litigation.
- Procured bespoke ATE insurance policies for numerous multimillion-pound insolvency actions, sourcing four to five options for the client-officeholders to choose from, tailoring each offer to reflect the uniqueness of the various actions at hand.
- Sourced ATE insurance policies for a multitude of high-profile defamation and privacy cases.
- Arranged litigation insurance for a group of commercial investors requiring a single bespoke policy, tailored to the case specificities.
- Obtained ATE cover within 48 hours for a newly uncovered professional negligence claim facing limitation, offering the client the protection sought to pursue the litigation.
- Brokered numerous funding and insurance arrangements for cases brought by SMEs and international claimants pursuing arbitration and international arbitration claims under the auspices of, amongst others, the ICC, ICSID and LCIA.