+44 (0)203 882 7489
About Katie Armstrong
Katie is the Director of International Development at TheJudge. Her role includes advising lawyers and their clients globally on litigation and arbitration financing solutions.
With over 5 years’ experience Katie is skilled in this field, using her market knowledge to broker complex litigation finance and ATE insurance transactions, through to arranging bespoke facilities for law firms with a repeat need for funding and ATE insurance.
Katie obtained her Law Degree (LL.B) from the University of Exeter where she excelled. In addition to spending time at Fasken Martineau LLP and other law firms, Katie developed a passion for working in the dispute resolution environment. Prior to joining TheJudge, Katie worked at a specialist Professional Indemnity Insurance provider as well as at an ATE insurance broker.
At TheJudge, Katie works in a variety of different dispute areas and regularly brokers funding and ATE insurance for clients involved in professional negligence, class actions, contract disputes, international arbitrations and insolvency litigation. Katie has also been involved in structuring ATE and funding for several high-profile matters, both for regional and international law firms and clients. Naturally, Katie advises law firms and their clients on the full range of products that TheJudge has to offer and regularly provides training sessions to law firms around the world, keeping legal teams updated on the current litigation insurance and funding market.
Katie is particularly adept at leveraging the strong relationships TheJudge has with its network of large international insurers and funders, in order to ensure that her clients can secure what are often bespoke creative financing solutions.
Katie currently splits her time between our offices in London and Toronto. Over the past year she has gained a reputation for assisting with the education and development of the Canadian market in litigation financing solutions for Commercial litigation risks.
- Brokered portfolio financing arrangement for well-known litigation boutique
- Secured litigation insurance involving four insurance providers for a professional negligence claim against a multinational law firm
- Secured litigation insurance for a fatal accident claim against an international financial services firm 4 weeks prior to trial
- Secured litigation funding for an SME in a breach of contract dispute, providing the client with 5 different funding options
- Secured litigation insurance for individuals involved in the high-profile phone hacking claims