+44 (0)203 882 7489
About Katie Armstrong
Katie is an Associate Director at TheJudge. Her role includes broking litigation finance and ATE insurance through to arranging bespoke scheme facilities for law firms with a repeat need for funding and ATE insurance.
Katie obtained her Law Degree (LL.B) from the University of Exeter where she excelled. In addition to spending time at Fasken Martineau LLP and other law firms, Katie developed a passion for working in the dispute resolution environment. Prior to joining TheJudge, Katie worked at a specialist Professional Indemnity Insurance provider as well as at an ATE insurance broker.
At TheJudge, Katie works in a variety of different dispute areas and regularly brokers funding and ATE insurance for clients involved in professional negligence, contract disputes, arbitrations and insolvency litigation. Katie has also been involved in structuring ATE and funding for several high-profile matters, both for regional and international law firms and clients. Naturally, Katie advises law firms and their clients on a full range of products that TheJudge has to offer and regularly provides training sessions to law firms across the UK, keeping legal teams updated on the current litigation insurance and funding market.
In addition to her work in legal expenses, Katie is also a key contact for TheJudge’s Solicitors Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) service. Having gained experience with other city brokers operating within the sector, Katie actively assists law firm clients in securing market-leading terms for their PII renewal. Katie is particularly adept at leveraging the strong relationships TheJudge has with its network of large international insurers, in order to ensure that her clients can secure what are often exclusive arrangements.
- Brokered portfolio financing arrangement for well-known litigation boutique
- Secured litigation insurance involving four insurance providers for a professional negligence claim against a multinational law firm
- Secured litigation insurance for a fatal accident claim against an international financial services firm 4 weeks prior to trial
- Secured litigation funding for an SME in a breach of contract dispute, providing the client with 5 different funding options
- Secured litigation insurance for individuals involved in the high-profile phone hacking claims