A global litigation finance and risk management broker.
Established in 2000, TheJudge has the largest dedicated broking team in the commercial litigation funding market, with offices in London and New York.
We arrange third party funding, litigation risk sharing insurance and other finance and risk management solutions for clients involved in litigation or arbitration.
Our model is simple – we are an independent broker who acts on our clients’ behalf to structure litigation finance at no added cost to our client.
We are not just an insurance broker. We are not just a third party funding broker. We are a global litigation finance and risk management specialist, accessing over $5 billion of capital from our panel of over 40 capital and insurance providers.
We specialise in arranging:
- Non-recourse financing for legal fees and expenses for litigation and arbitration claims;
- Funding for individual cases or portfolios of cases;
- Corporate financing using one or more legal claim as the security asset;
- Insurance to cover the client’s own litigation expenditure;
- Legal expenses insurance (After the Event) to insure adverse costs (fee shifting);
- Security for costs bonds;
- Solutions to cross undertakings in damages;
- Insurance to cover the risk of award/judgment default;
- Sale or monetization of awards or claims;
- Award enforcement and enforcement financing;
- M&A insurance, in particular insurance to contain legal liabilities;
- Tailored law firm finance and insurance facility arrangements;
- Introductions to leading law firms by specialist areas;