Intellectual property and, in particular, patent litigation funding is a specialist area for TheJudge.
We have unparalleled experience of arranging litigation finance and insurance for all types of IP litigation, ranging from major multi-jurisdictional patent assertion and revocation projects in the UK, US and Germany, through to smaller scale “soft IP” disputes being litigated in the UK IPEC.
TheJudge has been instrumental in the development of this specialist litigation funding sector, arranging financing for many significant and high profile cases, whilst encouraging an ever-increasing number of funders and insurers into the market, giving greater choice for our clients and more competitive pricing.
TheJudge has broad and deep experience in IP litigation finance spanning over a decade, across multiple jurisdictions and diverse sectors, including pharmaceutical, high tech, electronics, manufacturing and creative industries.
“We have always found the people at TheJudge to be knowledgeable about the market and what options are available by way of ATE and funding. They are responsive and commercially-focused – they understand what we and our clients are looking for.”
– Hogan Lovells
“Our client, a small business, required a complex blend of ATE insurance and third party funding to enable it to continue its claim against a well-resourced multi-national. TheJudge brokered an excellent combination package which ensured that access to justice was not denied to the client.”
TheJudge offers specially tailored litigation funding and litigation insurance solutions for IP and patent disputes.
Examples of our work in relation to IP litigation:
1. Arranging finance for single patent / single infringer cases;
2. Multiple patent, multiple jurisdiction, multiple infringer litigation funding;
3. Insurance and risk management solutions for clients seeking to revoke third party patents;
4. Financing for copyright, trademark and registered or unregistered design rights cases;
5. Insurance solutions for adverse costs (fee shifting) and security for costs;
6. IP portfolio financing
7. Financing for cases where the primary objectives are non-monetary or declaratory;
8. Funding solutions for law firms;
9. Assisting clients with specialist law firm selection/introductions, where they have yet to engage a team
James Blick (London and New York)
Robert Warner (London)
See what our clients have said about us and our services.
Keep up to date with what is happening with The Judge and the world of Litigation funding.
Have an enquiry about this service? Contact us to see what we can do for you.